In the old days, spying on someone was straightforward. You followed them around yourself personally or you paid someone to do it for you. If you were lucky, you found the truth you were looking for.
Spying on someone isn’t so straightforward nowadays though. People increasingly spend more time online. If you want to spy someone properly, you need to take into account their phone activity too.
How do you spy on someone’s phone? You use a phone spy app! Spy apps are programs that allow you to secretly monitor someone’s movements. And the best spy apps not only track people’s activities online but also their whereabouts offline via GPS.
We bring you the 10 best phone spy apps on the planet in this article. The handpicked list includes apps with solid reputations, so you can rely on them to work right, without compromising your safety.
#1 Spyine – The James Bond of Spy Apps
The market is chock full of spy apps, but only a handful are reliable. You have to watch out for apps that steal your personal information or scam you out of your money.
Spyine happens to be one of the most reliable apps you will come across. The app has been featured on globally recognized media platforms like Reader’s Digest, BBC, Forbes, and The Huffington Post. The app is used in 190+ countries around the planet by countless people, so it’s user-verified.
Further, privacy is not a concern when you use Spyine. Your personal details are never kept by the app on its servers, nor are they accessible to anyone – including the developers. You will be able to use Spyine without worrying about your personal safety.
We cover Spyine’s various features and why it’s the best spy app in the market in the rest of this section.
1.1 They’ll never be able to find Spyine
Spyine is an incredibly stealthy app. You can use the app to monitor any Android or iOS smartphone or tablet in secret, without the user knowing. Why is the app so stealthy?
The iOS version of Spyine is a web-based solution. That means it works directly from your web browser without a software download on the target device. As the app is web-based and works remotely via the iCloud backup, it can’t be detected at all!
The Android version of Spyine is a small, 2MB app. You install it on the target user’s phone and then hide it. The app will run in the background, spying on the user and sending data to your dashboard. As the app is small and well-hidden, the user can’t find it!
**Beware: No cell spy app works with Android without a physical download and installation. If an app or service claims to work remotely, then you’ve found a scam, a virus, or a phishing attempt. Don’t be taken in!**
1.2 5 reasons why Spyine is the number 1 best phone spy app
Wondering what makes Spyine the best phone spy app around? Here are 5 reasons why the app made it to the top of our list:
Spyine is private
Spyine takes your privacy seriously. Many other spy apps are careless with your personal information – and then they get hacked and lose it. Spyine never stores your personal information on its servers or shares it with anyone, making it truly private.
The app is trustworthy
Over a million people from more than 190 countries around the planet make use of Spyine. The app is used by parents, employers, and people looking to keep tabs on their partners. If so many people are using it and found it safe, you can trust the app.
Anyone can use Spyine
Using Spyine is easy. The app is not only easy to install, but also comes with an easy-to-use user-interface. You need no technical knowledge to install or operate the app. You can access it conveniently from your web browser. It’s safe and works from anywhere.
The app is available at an affordable price
How much do you pay to use Spyine? Not a lot. The app is available at a very affordable price in comparison to other spy apps. You pay about as much as a coffee at Starbucks to use the app for a month. Spying on multiple devices nets you a discount.
You don’t have to worry about root or jailbreak
Finally, one of Spyine’s most advantageous features is its ability to spy on phones or tablets without you needing to root or jailbreak them. This makes it a breeze to set up the app. You also won’t have trouble like data loss, malware, and device warranty cancellations.
You May Like:
1.3 Spyine offers advanced, powerful spying features
What can you do with Spyine? The app offers a variety of powerful spying features. You’ll be able to see exactly what the user is doing on their phone or tablet – remotely and discreetly:
- Read messages: You can read anyone’s incoming and outgoing messages. This includes any messages they purposely delete, as Spyic can create backups of messages automatically. The app records information like contacts and timestamps too.
- See social media: Spyine can monitor social media apps such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The app will record messages, contact details, timestamps, exchanged media files, and more.
- View locations: You can track someone’s movements out in the real world with Spyine, with the help of the smartphone’s in-built GPS tracker. Details logged include addresses, geographical coordinates, and even timestamps.
- Set up a geofence: Spyine offers an advanced feature called geofencing. This allows you to set up a virtual marked zone on a map. When the phone user enters the zone or leaves it, you receive a notification on your phone or email.
- Access browser history: You can access their browser history and find details of their favorite website, site visit frequency, and other interesting details. You can keep tabs on their browser history in real-time.
- Emails and notes: You’ll be able to monitor their emails as well as notes with Spyine. The app can track emails in popular apps like Gmail and notes on popular apps such as Google Keep and Evernote.
- View contacts: Wondering who they are constantly in touch with? The contacts book reading option allows you to find out names, phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, and other details.
Spyine offers several other noteworthy features including a keylogger, a SIM card reader, a call log utility, and much more. You get over a dozen unique features in total, which is better than average for spy apps.
1.4 You can set up Spyine in a matter of minutes
You don’t need to spend a lot of time trying to get Spyine set up. In fact, you can install Spyine in the time it takes to make a cup of tea. You can install the app with any smartphone or PC, as long as it has a stable internet connection.
Installing Spyine is a simple process. If you’re installing it on Android, you will need brief access to the target device physically. For iOS, you need to know the iCloud username and password. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Sign up for a free Spyine account on the official website. Make your email ID the username.
Step 2: Buy a subscription to Spyine. There are three plans to choose from. You can spy on a single device with the Premium subscription service. For cases you want to spy on multiple devices, you will need the Family or Corporate plans.
Step 3: You will get the setup instructions in your email inbox. Look for the welcome email and fire up the Setup Wizard. The Setup Wizard will guide you through the installation process.
Do you want to install Spyine to monitor iOS devices? Start by choosing iOS as the target platform. Then enter the iCloud credentials of the target device on your screen. Wait for a few minutes until Spyine can sync with the device and bring you spying data.
Want to install Spyine to spy on an Android device? Start by opening the Setup Wizard. Choose Android as your target platform and download and install Spyine on the Android phone or tablet. After that is done, you can hide the app.
Step 4: That’s it! You are now ready to spy on their phone or tablet. You can begin by logging into your dashboard from any web browser.
The dashboard is where you can see an overview of the phone activity. For additional spying features, take a look at the selection menu on your left.
Want to try the Spyine spy app first before you buy it? Take a look at the Spyine free live demo here!
#2 Spyier – As Sneaky As Can Be
The second spot on the list goes to an app called Spyier. This is a pretty well-known app. It’s made appearances on top media platforms like Lifewire, TheVerge, and Tom’s Guide. The app is generally positively reviewed and is a favorite with users everywhere.
You can use Spyier to monitor any modern Android or iOS device. The app offers several powerful features out-of-the-box. Also, the app is private, meaning you won’t need to fret about your privacy if you use it.
2.1 Spyier brings a bucketload of features for you to use
Spyier lets you find out what’s happening on the target device remotely from your web browser. The app offers multiple spy features:
- Find out who they’re calling and texting.
- Read their text messages and iMessages.
- Check their social media activity on Facebook, Instagram, and more.
- Get access to their incoming and outgoing call logs.
- View their media files, including traded photos and videos.
- Use the advanced keylogger to record passwords and usernames.
The app offers many other features not mentioned here. Visit the official website for more details.
2.2 The app offers amazing advantages
Using Spyier is a good idea because it offers advantages few other spy phone apps can match:
Spyier can’t be detected
You can use Spyier 100% discreetly. The person you’re spying on won’t know you’re there and so you don’t have to worry about spoiling your relationship with the person. You get regular monitoring updates straight to your web browser.
The iOS version of Spyier is web-based and doesn’t need software installation. As it works remotely and never directly with the iPhone, it can’t be detected by the iPhone user. The Android version is tiny, works hidden, and doesn’t drain the battery, meaning it can’t be found out.
The app is a breeze to use
Spyier is very easy to use. You won’t have to root or jailbreak to install the app, which makes installation a hassle-free process. The app can be used from any web browser. The interface is web-based, intuitive, and clearly labeled.
You can depend on Spyier
There are many cell spy apps out there that are viruses in disguise. You don’t need to worry about that with Spyier, fortunately. The app has been found dependable and trustworthy by countless users. It’s also been around for a while. It can be trusted.
Spyier is number 2 on our list because it’s powerful, discreet, and offers excellent features. You can’t wish for a better spy app.
The third app on our list is called Spyic. This is an established app with an excellent reputation. You can use the app to monitor Android as well as iOS devices. The app allows you to see what the user is doing without them finding out.
3.1 Spyic is a trustworthy solution
Spyic is a trusted name in the phone spy app market, which is filled with scams and viruses. The app is a worthwhile product:
- You get excellent privacy protection from the app.
- Spyic is impossible to detect on both iOS and Android.
- It doesn’t require you to jailbreak or root, which is a big bonus.
3.2 You get what you pay for
You get your money’s worth in features with Spyic:
- The app can track social media apps, messages, and call logs.
- You can view contacts and web browser history.
- The app can track calendars, events, notes, and emails.
Spyic is on the third spot on this best phone spy apps list because it’s a solid app all around. You get good features at a reasonable price.
Minspy is a very stealth spy app. Many users – including cybersecurity experts – swear by its stealth mode. You can use the app to monitor Android and iOS devices invisibly. The app is used by parents, employers, and people dealing with relationship issues.
4.1 Minspy is a seriously stealthy spy app
Minspy can’t be found out on either iOS or Android:
- The app works in stealth mode on both Android and iOS.
- Minspy can be installed without rooting or jailbreak.
- You get data delivered regularly in your private account.
4.2 It offers competitive spying features
You’ll receive a ton of useful features with Minspy:
- Minspy can monitor texts, iMessages, and social media messages.
- You can check GPS-based locations and location history.
- The geofence feature can be used to track people hiding something from you.
Minspy is high up on our list because of the app’s excellent stealth and good feature set. We can recommend the app.
Cocospy is a phone monitoring tool that’s popular in both the West and the East. The app is perhaps the oldest on the list – and old is gold in this case. You’ll be able to use the app to monitor any Android and Apple device without being discovered.
5.1 Cocospy is a popular phone spy app
Cocospy has a great reputation, so it’s a reliable solution:
- Cocospy has been featured on multiple popular platforms worldwide.
- The app is popular with users everywhere.
- The app is easy to use and doesn’t need rooting or jailbreak.
5.2 You get excellent features
You’ll be able to monitor any modern device with the app:
- Read social media messages and text messages.
- Access installed apps and manage screen access.
- Capture usernames and passwords with the keylogger.
It’s possible to purchase Cocospy at a reasonable monthly fee. The app offers great customer support too, making it easy to recommend.
The next spy app we have for you is called Spyzie. This is a spy app made exclusively for parents to monitor their kids, though you can potentially use it to monitor anyone. You can use the app via a web-based interface and get regular activity updates.
6.1 Spyzie offers great control for parents
If you have children that don’t like being supervised, you’ll be able to use Spyzie to keep an eye on them discreetly:
- Spyzie works covertly on both iOS and Android.
- The app is effortless to set up and use.
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money to use.
6.2 You can keep a close watch on children
- Track their activities with the help of a visual graph.
- Manage your kid’s screen time with Spyzie.
- Track their app usage, social media, messages, and locations.
Spyzie is the best spy apps for parents, hands down. Learn more detail about Spyzie, please read this review post.
The number 7 app we have for you is called Fonemonitor. The app is best known for its Facebook password cracking feature. You can use it to monitor anyone’s phone or tablet too. The app is popular worldwide.
Fonemonitor is a good app:
Fonemonitor is getting on in the years
Fonemonitor is in need of an update:
While Fonemonitor was a great app two years ago, it needs a facelift.
The iKeyMonitor app is a well-known solution for Android and iOS. The app comes with a top-tier keylogger, meaning you can use iKeyMonitor to potentially capture someone’s usernames and passwords for a range of online accounts.
iKeyMonitor offers powerful keylogging:
- You can log usernames and passwords for social media.
- You can also log emails and social media apps.
iKeyMonitor has drawbacks
We can’t recommend iKeyMonitor fully:
- The app costs $49.99 per month to use, which is very steep.
- You need to root and jailbreak to use the app.
Because of these drawbacks, iKeyMonitor is not as high as it could be.
#9 Spy to Mobile
The next app we have for you is Spy to Mobile. This is a spy app targeted at employers who want to keep an eye on their employees via their company-issued devices.
The app offers solid monitoring features:
- You can check messages and social media.
- The app can monitor emails and real-time locations.
Spy to Mobile is limited in scope
Spy to Mobile is hard to recommend for some reasons:
- The app only works on Android.
- There is no support for iOS.
You can use Spy to Mobile without being caught, but it’s very limited otherwise.
The last app on our list is called SpyBubble. This is a phone monitoring solution for Android, Windows, Mac, and PCs. You can monitor several devices with a single subscription.
SpyBubble offers several cutting-edge features:
- You can keep an eye on WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram.
- You can see texts, calls, and screenshots.
The app requires root
SpyBubble is hard to set up:
- You need to root to use the app.
- There’s no iOS support.
These are major disadvantages, which puts SpuBubble at the bottom of our list.
Part 11: FAQs
What is the best phone spying app?
That depends on your personal preferences. We love Spyine because it’s easy to use, powerful, and discreet. It’s a suitable phone spy app for most users, from parents to people in relationships.
Do cell phone spy apps really work?
The legitimate like Spyine do. Always look to download apps with good reputations that have at least several thousand users. That way, you know you’re getting your money’s worth with the spy app.
Can I spy on a phone with just the number?
You can find the phone’s general area location and learn details about the phone’s owner by using a phone number lookup service. You can’t do anything else, though. Spy apps are your only legit option.
Can I spy on a phone for free?
You can try finding a free phone spy app, but we don’t recommend them. Real apps are tough to make and cost money to maintain. If you want good features, you have to pay for them.
Can I track my wife’s phone without her knowing?
Yes, you can track your wife’s phone without her knowing with a phone spy app such as Spyine. Note that it may be illegal in your country. You may require your wife’s permission to track her. However, countless people do so secretly without getting caught.
We hope you enjoyed our selection of the best phone spy apps in town! We can recommend all the apps on this list, though the ones at the top – Spyine, Spyier, and Spyic – offer the biggest bang for your buck.
This post is also available in: Deutsch (German) Español (Spanish)